- To widen students’ horizons, and to develop their life-long interests;
- To nurture positive value and attitude;
- To provide students with a broad and balanced curriculum with essential learning experiences alongside the core and elective components (including Applied Learning (ApL) courses) in order to nurture the five essential Chinese virtues, ‘Ethics, Intellect, Physical Development, Social Skills and Aesthetics’ (德、智、體、群、美)
- To facilitate students’ all-round development as life-long learners with a focus on sustainable capacities, the expected outcomes include:
– becoming active, informed and responsible citizens;
– developing respect for plural values and interests in the arts;
– adopting a healthy lifestyle; and
– enhancing career aspirations and positive work ethics.
The following five areas of OLE provide real-world contexts for the continual balanced development of students:
– Moral and Civic Education
– Aesthetic Development
– Physical Development
– Community Service
– Career-related Experience
Providing diversified and authentic experiences, such as workshops, volunteer services and sharing seminars, we lay great emphasis on the experience and learning of students during the process of “learning by doing” and hope they can transform those experiences into personal knowledge. Eventually, to broaden and extend student learning.
- We encourage students to combine their learning experiences with reflections so as to facilitate their whole-person development and lifelong learning.
- Teachers will conduct an assessment for learning via observation and question during lessons.